Welcome to the Mendon Township Library
The Mendon Township Library Board is nominating our library for the State Librarian’s Excellence Award. How has our library affected your life? How has our library enriched your life? How has our library made an impact or provided resources for you? We need testimonials and comments to include with our nomination from library users. Feel free to drop them off at the librarian's desk or email them to: email@example.com. Thank you in advance for helping us with the nomination process.
THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY are currently having their ANNUAL FLOWER SALE. Purchase a voucher in any amount and use it to purchase flowers at RIVER BEND GARDENS (28285 M-60). In addition to buying beautiful flowers, your purchase will entitle The Friends to receive 20% of the proceeds. The Friends take on the responsibility of making our library the special place it is by sponsoring various projects. Vouchers are good until June 2. THANK YOU.
YOGA: Due to circumstances beyond her control, Missy will be unavailable for yoga until June 6th. Sorry for the inconvenience. See you on the 6th.
What's Happening at the MTL:
- YOGA! Monday's, from 6-7. Join us in the lower level! Please be advised that YOGA will not be meeting on May 23rd or May 30th (Memorial Day).
- CRAFTING continues be held on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 pm. Join us in the lower level of the library for conversation and knitting, crocheting, quilting, or your own crafting. Call the Library at 269-496-4865 for more information.
- STORY TIME FOR PRESCHOOLERS & TODDLER'S with Ms. Jen on Wednesday's at 11:00 a.m. Come and see what fun Ms. Jen has planned for your tot! The last story time will be on May 25, 2016, and will start again during October.
"Queen of the Saddle"
St. Joseph County Historical Society of Michigan, located at 34 N. Main Street, Three Rivers (south of the Riviera Theatre). In addition to a photographic history of her life, they will also be having several programs about the "Queen of the Saddle". Find the Historical Society on Facebook or call: 269-483-7122 for more information.
- June 3 from 1-2:30, Guest Speaker, Dennis Carpenter: We called Her Madam: Insights into Her Peek Family Heritage
- October 16 from 2-3:30, Last Day of Show with Program by Holly Stephenson
READ WITH ME UNDER THE SEA
2016 SUMMER READING CLUB
Ms. Jen has put together another great summer reading club for kids this summer. More information will be coming home in your Mendon student's Friday folder. Here are the Where & Whens:
- Mendon Township Library's Lower Level
- Wednesday's at 11:00 am
- June 22nd - July 20th
- Check out our calendar for each weeks plan
ON THE HORIZON (and coming up soon):
- As you begin your yard work and gardening for the season, remember to check out some books and dvds on these topics at the library. Our collection ranges from herb gardens, rock gardens, planting grass, with many books about maintaining your yard, as well as what vegetables to plant in the sun and shade. Remember, if we don’t have a particular book here, we can order it in through the Michigan Electronic
SPEAKING OF SPRING...
MENDON COMMUNITY GARDEN PROPOSED:
Do you want to grow some of your own food? Do you lack space for a garden? If so you may be interested in participating in a Community Garden being considered in Mendon. If you would like to be considered for a garden plot, or a leadership position organizing the garden, please contact the Mendon Township Library by calling: 269-496-4865. You can also visit the library in person and add your name and contact information to the list of interested persons.
EVENTS IN MICHIGAN:
- Would you like to visit: Kalamazoo Nature Center? Gilmore Car Museum? Michigan Historical Center? USS Silversides Museum (A submarine) FOR FREE?? Get a MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS and explore these and many other cultural attractions and state parks throughout Michigan. New locations were added for 2016 - check it out! These passes are available through May of 2016.
The Last Mile by David Baldacci
The Obsession by Nora Roberts
Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline
The 14th Colony by Steve Berry
After You by Jojo Moyes
Extreme Prey by John Sandford
Hide Away by Iris Johansen
'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick
Miller's Valley by Anna Quindlen
Family Jewels by Stuart Woods
First Women by Kate Andersen Brower
We have over 40,000 books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs and more in our collection. In addition, through the use of the Michigan Electronic Library MelCat system, we have access to millions of other titles. We have several public access computers and WiFi access to meet your electronic needs and offer photocopying and faxing services.
Please stop in and browse our collection or take a tour of a beautiful Carnegie Library, built in 1905 and on the National Register of Historic Places.
YOUR LIBRARY RESOURCES - AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: