Mendon Township Library Welcomes You
Please Note: Mendon Township Library will be closed April 15 through April 17. All activities cancelled INCLUDING YOGA.
Plan ahead, pick out your books, get a Library Hop passport. Be sure to visit websites or call before traveling to make sure libraries are open during this time period. ENJOY THE BREAK! Thank you.
What's Happening at the MTL:
APRIL IS LIBRARY HOP MONTH!
For the month of April, several local libraries in our area have joined together to form a Library HOP and passport event. This event will take place at most of the local libraries.
Stop by the library for your passport. The passport has all the information about activities, dates, and times for each library. Some of the events/activities are one day, and others Are for the entire month. Once you receive your passport, you can begin your library adventure. You will get a stamp on your passport at each library you visit.
The Mendon Library will have a quilt display. These quilts are dated from the late 1800s to early 1900s. These quilts will be on display the entire month of April.
In addition to Mendon Township Library, other participating libraries:
Vicksburg District Library, Schoolcraft Library, Colon Public Library, Nottawa Township Library, Constantine Township Library, White Pigeon Township Library, Three Rivers Public Library, Lawrence Memorial Library, Burr Oak Township Library and Sturgis District Library.
Some events are pre-registered, some libraries have more than one event, some are one day only events (mushrooms, egg carvings and hunts, antique roadshow, collections, art shows, quilts, earth day fun, drama, magic, science. Lots of fun for all! Visit the library hop website for more information, registration info and directions and dates! http://www.libraryhop.org/itinerary.html
COMING SOON!April 26th at 6PM -
Discovering Essential Oil classes are designed for people who are just getting acquainted with using essential oils for a healthier life. We discuss the who, what, when, where, why and how of essential oil use in about an hour. You will learn about 11 of the most popular and versatile essential oils, which every home should have for a multitude of health and wellness concerns. You can learn how to use essential oils for common health ailments for yourself and your kids, toxin-free cleaning, first aid, emotional healing, pet care and even cooking. There is absolutely NO obligation.
Also, as a bonus, we will be making a small bottle of No. 2 Poo Spray :)
For planning purposes, and to ensure we have enough seats for everyone, please RSVP. This event is public, so please feel free to share!
Please note: the class will be held in the lower level of the library, so please enter through the entrance in the back of the building.
Hope to see you there!
- YOGA! Mondays at 6 pm. Please join us then in the lower level!
- CRAFTING continues be held on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 pm. Join us in the lower level of the library for conversation and knitting, crocheting, quilting, or your own crafting. Call the Library at 269-496-4865 for more information.
- STORY TIME. Children are invited to join Ms. Jen on Wednesdays at 11 AM in the lower level of the library for Storytime. Parents are encouraged to bring their little ones in to enjoy a craft, snack, fun, and awesome kids stories!
- As you look forward to spring, remember your library has plenty of books to help you plan your garden, create crafts for Valentine's Day and Easter, keep up with your resolutions, and try new recipes. Check out a book to help you celebrate something fun! Remember, if we don’t have a particular book here, we can order it in through the Michigan Electronic Library (MEL).
- AR BOOKS: The library has many AR books all ready for your eager readers. Most of our books have the AR points and reading level printed in the back of the book. We also allow AR testing on our patron computers.
EVENTS IN MICHIGAN:
- Get a MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS and explore these and many other cultural attractions and state parks throughout Michigan. New locations were added for 2016-2017 - check it out!
- The Outdoor Adventure Center (Michigan Department of Natural Resources) to MAP!
- Also NEW For 2016-2017: Seven Michigan National Park Service Destinations Included! Happy 100th Birthday, NPS!
- Click on MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS above for more information.
The Girl Before by J P Delaney
Power Game by Christine Feehan
Death's Mistress by Terry Goodkind
Below the Belt by Stuart Woods
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil
Three Days in January by Bret Baier
The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
Banana Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke Kensington
Echoes in Death by J. D. Robb
Heartbreak Hotel by Jonathan Kellerman
The Whistler by John Grisham
Bone Box by Faye Kellerman
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
Never Never by James Patterson
The Girl Before by J. P. Delaney
Big Agenda by David Horowitz
Many more new DVD’s and CD’s are available as well. Come check out the selection. Visit your public library!
We have over 40,000 books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs and more in our collection. In addition, through the use of the Michigan Electronic Library MelCat system, we have access to millions of other titles. We have several public access computers and WiFi access to meet your electronic needs and offer photocopying and faxing services.
Please stop in and browse our collection or take a tour of a beautiful Carnegie Library, built in 1905 and on the National Register of Historic Places.
YOUR LIBRARY RESOURCES - AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: