Welcome to the Mendon Township Library
YOGA - SUMMER BREAK
Yoga will be on a summer break until September 12th. See you then.
What's Happening at the MTL:
- YOGA! is on a summer break until Monday, September 12th at 6 pm. Please re-join us then in the lower level!
- CRAFTING continues be held on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 pm. Join us in the lower level of the library for conversation and knitting, crocheting, quilting, or your own crafting. Call the Library at 269-496-4865 for more information.
- SUMMER READING CLUB had a successful run! Thank you Ms Jen for a great time! Ms. Jen put together another successful summer reading club for kids this summer. Information will be coming home in your Mendon student's Friday folder at the end of 16-17's school year for next year's Summer Reading Club! Pictures soon.
Wednesday, August 17 at 6:oo pm. Join us for a discussion of "My Name is Mahtob", in preparation for the author's visit at the Sturges Young Auditorium as part of One Book One County.
ONE BOOK ONE COUNTY presents:
My Name Is Mahtob
Author Visit September 29th, 2016 7:00 pm at the Sturges-Young Auditorium. See One Book One County's website at: http://www.onebookonecounty.org/home.html
ON THE HORIZON (and coming up soon):
- As you begin back to school chores and fall clean up, remember your library has child appropriate books and reference materials to help your child succeed this year. Remember, if we don’t have a particular book here, we can order it in through the Michigan Electronic
- Madame Marantette "Queen of the Saddle"
St. Joseph County Historical Society of Michigan, located at 34 N. Main Street, Three Rivers (south of the Riviera Theatre). In addition to a photographic history of her life, they will also be having several programs about the "Queen of the Saddle". Find the Historical Society on Facebook or call: 269-483-7122 for more information.
October 16 from 2-3:30, Last Day of Show with Program by Holly Stephenson
EVENTS IN MICHIGAN:
- Would you like to visit: Kalamazoo Nature Center? Gilmore Car Museum? Michigan Historical Center? USS Silversides Museum (A submarine)? Kal-Haven Trail State Park? FOR FREE??
- Get a MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS and explore these and many other cultural attractions and state parks throughout Michigan. New locations were added for 2016-2017 - check it out!
- The Outdoor Adventure Center (Michigan Department of Natural Resources) to MAP!
- Also NEW For 2016-2017: Seven Michigan National Park Service Destinations Included! Happy 100th Birthday, NPS!
- Click on MICHIGAN ACTIVITY PASS above for more information.
Trouble Maker by Linda Howard
No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer
The Misadventures of Max Crumbly by Rachel Renee Russell
End of Watch by Stephen King
Dishonorable Intentions by Stuart Woods
The Cavendon Luck by Barbara Taylor Bradford
Delilah: Treacherous Beauty by Angela Hunt
Cancer in the Family by Theodore Ross, M.D. PhD
Seal of Honor by Gary Williams
Morgue: A Life in Death by Dr. Vincent Di Maio
The Sound of Gravel: a Memoir by Ruth Wariner
We have over 40,000 books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs and more in our collection. In addition, through the use of the Michigan Electronic Library MelCat system, we have access to millions of other titles. We have several public access computers and WiFi access to meet your electronic needs and offer photocopying and faxing services.
Please stop in and browse our collection or take a tour of a beautiful Carnegie Library, built in 1905 and on the National Register of Historic Places.
YOUR LIBRARY RESOURCES - AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: